Skip to content
- The Albion Presbyterian congregation evolved from a nucleus of early settlers to Albion. Many of these were Scots.
- They met at farms or in barns until 1856 when they built their first frame church and cemetery at the SW corner of what is now Healey Road and Coleraine Drive.
- The land was donated by James Goodfellow. The church was often referred to locally as the Goodfellow Church
- Their second church, a large Victorian Gothic style brick church with distinctive spire, was built in the Village of Bolton in 1875 by George Watson
- The brick was produced locally at Norton’s brickyard
- The inaugural service at Caven Presbyterian Church was conducted by Rev. Caven, Principal of Knox College at the University of Toronto, after whom the church was named
- The church manse was built by George Watson around 1885 at which time the church minister was located to Bolton