- In 1941, Toronto lawyer David McFall, acting for the estate of his late father, sold the mill property to Hayhoe Brothers, a mill operation in Pine Grove, also along the Humber River 1
- Hayhoe Brothers removed the office of the mill which was a separate building to the west of the mill itself and built a ‘chop room’ in its place to supply feed for animals
- In 1944, James C. Goodfellow, born and raised in Albion Township, purchased the mill property from Hayhoe Brothers. He also bought the mill owner’s house that same year
- In 1951, the mill stopped producing flour. This marked the end of the 130 year grist mill history in Bolton
- Around the same time, James Goodfellow built a seed cleaning plant repurposing the timbers from the former Temperance Hall which became a school between 1860 until 1874 and in 1951 was being used as a barn
And the buildings?
- The c.1908 grain elevator along the CPR line stood until the mid-1960s
- The mill structure was taken down in 1968 to make way for Humber Lea Road which leads to the north hill subdivision