In 2022, the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority upgraded and widened the river berm to withstand a 500-year flood event. The panels shown below were removed at that time and will be replaced by a new display sometime in the future.
Since these tablets were created, access to online records and data has provided clarity around some of the facts and details above:
Panel 3: Item #3: the flour mill was operating by 1824. Item #4: The Bolton Flour Mill (1846).
Panel 7: George Bolton purchased 200 acres on June 5th, 1821. His ‘relative’ James Bolton was actually his older brother. George sold his mill to his nephew in 1845.
Panel 9: Humber Lea Road. The photo date is 1897.
Panel 10: Bolton Flour Mill (the second mill) date is 1846.
Panel 17: The photo shows David McFall with his grandparents, David Hughes and Jerusha Doan Hughes.
Panel 18: The work on the dam and along the Humber River was completed in 1983.